Offering the flexibility of an open-door admission policy, Johnston Community College is geared to meet the needs of all adults.
The sprawling campus is located on 100 beautiful acres in Smithfield and enrolls nearly 4,600 students annually. The school awards Associate Degrees in many areas and also has a college transfer program with many senior colleges and universities; and an Adult Basic Education Program. Johnston Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges.
245 College Rd.
Smithfield, NC 27577
Dr. David Johnson, President
- A two-year technical education can be attained in the following areas:
- administrative office technology
- business administration
- business computer programing
- commercial art and advertising design
- early childhood associate
- electronics engineering technology
- general office
- industrial management technology
- law enforcement
- medical office technology
- nursing education options
- paralegal technology
- radiologic technology
- The vocational program includes:
- air conditioning, heating and refrigeration
- automotive mechanics
- diesel vehicle maintenance
- food service specialist
- practical electrical wiring
- retail floriculture
Basic Law Enforcement Training prepares students to take the Certification Examination mandated by the N.C. Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission. Job opportunities are available with state, county and municipal governments.
The school also is home to the North Carolina Truck Driver Training School. Included is a training program that teaches the driving of tractor-trailers and trucks. Graduates may find employment with commercial trucking firms or private contract haulers.